I'm 43 today. Holy smokes, how did I get here? Don't get me wrong, the 40's are fabulous. But I sure don't feel 43. I do want to share a few things I have learned in my 43 years as well as one of my favorite quilts. I love this quilt and it has won me some awards and makes me smile when I look at it. So here is my list:
1. Hank Williams Jr. is right, hangovers hurt more that they used to.
2. Once you have been a food source, NOTHING is as cute as it used to be.
3. That being said, running 15-20 miles a week will make your rear end look like it did in your twenties.
4. When your happily making your way down the road of life and you see crazy coming, step aside and let crazy pass you on by.
5. Having and raising children is both the hardest and best thing I've ever done.
6. Had I known how many brain cell I'd need to raise these children, I'd been more careful about how many I killed in my twenties. (Then again, probably not.)
7. There will come a time in your life when a man doing housework is foreplay.
8. Life can sometimes be a funny old female dog.
9. A handful of really good girlfriends can get you through just about anything this funny old female dog can bring.
10. Count your blessings every day.
11. True faith is moving forward no matter what and especially when your head is bent in prayer.
12. Living a creative life is the "bomb".
13. There is nothing wrong with looking your age, especially if you look good for your age.
14. Quilting makes my skirt fly up. Yipee!
15. Your intuition is right 99.99% of the time, so listen to it!
16. Jon Bon Jovi was a hottie ing 1982 and he is still a hottie!
So, now I'm off to have lunch with two of my best girlfriends and I'm sure we will laugh loudly and often. Cause life may be a female dog at times, but she sure is a funny one.