Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Red and White blocks


I thought I'd give you a quick look at the red and white square-in-a-square blocks I zipped together for my block exchange. They were due this morning and I had them finished in plenty of time despite the fact I started cutting them up and sewing together on Mother's Day. A very good way to spend a Mother's day, I might add. The exchange was 14, four block sets (2 red and white, and 2 white and red.) Are you wondering where the blocks I received are? They are in a sack in the back of the closet, where they are going to stay until I get a) my big quilt finished and b) another little project I'm going to work on the summer going. In the mean time, they will be just fine living in the closet until their "time" comes. Happy quilting!

7 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Hey speedy, yep you did those up quick! Nice job! ooh! gotta run, I need to finish someone little piece!
;-)

Anonymous said...

These would be great examples of how values change a block. I love that mixer/beater fabric.

Jackie's Stitches said...

They are so cute! Love them! Can't wait to see the blocks you received!

Victoria said...

It doesn't get much better then the marriage of red and white, especially in your capable hands! Very pretty blocks my dear!

Anonymous said...

Those are great!

Unknown said...

Love these blocks and the coloring and the kitchen theme....very sweet!

Wasp Nest Removal New Haven said...

Good reading this posst