Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Odds and ends in blue



How long does it take to machine quilt a quilt it took 4 months to piece? Alot longer than one week, that's for sure. (It will take at least 3 weeks. I haven't even finished the stitch in the ditch.) However, I did take a little respite for my big quilt today. I am doing a machine quilting demo at Sew Much More in Austin on Saturday, so I need a sample. So, I just got out some odds and ends in blue and made one. It was so much fun to whip up something quick after the time and intensity of this big ole dresdan plate. I'll post pictures of it quilted later. So if you are in Austin, Tx on Saturday, come by and see me at Sew Much More from 2pm-4pm. I'd luv to see ya.

9 comments:

Victoria said...

Please forgive me but I actually find it comforting to know how long your big quilt will take... I have visions of you whipping your beautiful, intricate quilts up lick-ity split, while It seems to take me forever just to do something relatively basic. I feel I work as slow as a snail... sigh.

I like your improve piece here, too... Have lots of doing your demo! (My sister lives in Austin. Someday I hope to get around to visiting her, instead of her always visiting me. I hear Austin is beautiful and lots of fun!)

Victoria said...

Opps! I need to IMPROVE my spelling! (I always spell improv wrong!)

Mr Lee said...

Beautiful!Good luck!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like your little quilt, instant gratification. We all need that.

thanks for you comment on my blog this morning. If you check "show email" in Edit Profile you will no longer be a noreply-comment. Then when you leave comments people can get back to you.

shellysquilts said...

Victoria, I have visions of whipping things up lickety-split myself. Unfortunately, visions is the key word here. However if you have been quilting any length of time, you know it is about the process (cause God is in the details.)
Your sister lives in Austin? Girlfriend, you need to come for a visit! Austin is awesome! Friendly folks, good mexican food, and a friend that knows where the fabric can be found! Take care and happy quilting!

Mr Lee said...

Thanks for the message on my blog!We will add someting about the works to the blog.Look forward to your visit.

Alexis said...

Gorgeous fabrics once again! I would love to see your fabric stash sometime! This quilt makes me see blues in a whole new light of like!

sewtakeahike said...

Have fun at the demo in Austin!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

oooh! my kind of colors!
I love it!!