Monday, March 16, 2009

The Dallas Quilt Show





The Dallas Quilt Show was this past weekend and a great show as always. The creativity was amazing and I took lots of pictures. I thought I'd share my favorites here today. The Best of Show is an amazing, whimsical, and very well done quilt by Kelly Monroe of Arlington, Tx. An excellent choice for BoS.
My favorite quilt was by Laurie Evans of Austin (a friend) and was coincidentally my favorite quilt at the Austin show back in September. Laurie is a genius with color and design (which makes her a double genius in my book). I love this quilt!
The other two quilts, that also made my skirt fly up, were both made by Karen K Stone. I love what she does with color also. (I think I have a theme going here.) Her quilts have lots of movement.
It was a very inspiring show and I now have fingers that are itching to sew. I think I have a little something in mind. Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Victoria said...

These are gorgeous! I am so blown away by what other people do with fabric and thread! (By the way, I think you should enter one of your gorgeous quilts!) I am eagerly looking forward to going to the Quilter's Heritage show in a few weeks, (hope I remember to bring my camera). It's the one big quilt show to come to my area. I really enjoy the Quilt National exhibition part, (no pictures allowed for that one though) And of course the vendors!!!! Yippee!!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Fun stuff! got any more pics? very inspiring!

Alexis said...

I love your favorites! The colors & floral/ leafy motifs are fantastic.

Browndirtcottage said...

WOW....those are SOME quilts!! Thanks for sharing...I love them!

Martha Tsihlas said...

Hi Shelly, how weird, I remember BOS and Lauries quilt at Dallas but no the other 2 quilts. I went on Sunday for the day. Check out my pictures!!
I really enjoyed the spring break. Back to reality on Mon :)