Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snippets quilt again



My blue Snippets quilt has a new home. I made it for my friend Heather, who is about to have a baby. I saw Heather last night and wanted to get her picture with the quilt but my camera batteries were out. And I'm pretty sure the next time I see her, she will have had her baby. She is very pregnant. The kind of pregnant where you can't see your feet pregnant. So in lieu of a very pregnant Heather, here is the Snippets quilt on my driveway. Good luck Heather, I'm sending you only good thoughts!




And Of course, I pieced the back! Happy sewing!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

This little quilt looks even better when you really see it. It is beautiful.

It was really nice to meet you yesterday.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Wonderful gift. I love scrappy backs.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I tell ya lady, I just love it. I think I have to switch the color I think of you.. I had said yellow but your screaming that royal blue right now! he he! love it. Hope Heather has a safe easy delivery! say hi!

9patchnurse said...

Wow! I love it. And the baby will LOVE looking at all of those gorgeous colors.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Shelly!! I really appreciate you making this for me. I love and you can be sure I'll make sure that the baby does too!

Janet said...

So fun! What a great gift and a tribute to your friendship.

Martha Tsihlas said...

Hi Shelly, I made it back on time from Kathy's to watch the end of the ice skating program...we had taped most of it but it stopped recording 1 minute after Plushenko started skating...we will have to do with youtube...anyways. It was so intense I don't think we were breathing when Lysacek skated...I'm so happy U.S. got GOLD!! Back to quilting...Lori took the rest of the quilt to finish it up. It looks great! Keep on quilting.....I can't wait to see the leaves quilt....

Sarah said...

OMG I love this quilt! It is so bold and vibrant! It really makes me smile.