Friday, February 19, 2010

Passing it on



I don't know about the rest of y'all out there in blogland but a lot of "stuff" has come my way just because I'm the quilter in the family. This quilt top came my way along with a couple of others and some of the ugliest fabric you've ever seen and a bunch of yo-yos. The fabric went to the "free table" at my guild, the yo-yo's went to a friend that makes yo-yo's, and one of the quilt tops I quilted for my step-father for christmas a few years back. Another of the tops is a HUGE (120" x 120") string pieced top that I have plans for if I ever find myself without a project. (As if that will ever happen.) And then there is this top. What to do with it? Well, my girlfriend, who shall remain nameless (Hey V) likes what she calls "ugly tops" and this one surely qualifies. So before I send it to it's new home in New York City, I thought I'd take its picture, for postarities sake. So if you have a quilt top in the closet that you will NEVER do anything with, send on to someone who will. You never know, they may do something real cute with it (or maybe not), but you will have more room in your closet for new stuff! Happy sewing!

8 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I have a real soft spot for ugly quilt tops.... the busier and uglier the better... I just see the shape, and this one, I love because I just adore stripes. can't wait to see what happens with this top when I get my grubby little hands on it! thanks Shelly!

caroline said...

I love this top!

beth said...

not ugly at all in my humble opinion.

9patchnurse said...

Well! I thought it was a pretty good looking quilt top. It's got 'nice bones' ha ha. I can't wait to see it's makeover. Should be awesome.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It's definitely going to the right person Shelly! It will be loved.

Unknown said...

Love this top. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Tonya Ricucci said...

you really think this is ugly? I think it's wonderful. creative and bright and happy. glad it's going to V - I know she'll take good care of it.

Marit said...

I think it is a sweetie, love that layout. And it is great to have friends who share the joy, to share with...

; )

Lovely gift, Shelly!