Friday, January 8, 2010

Brrrrrr! It's Cold!


Brrr! I's stinkin cold outside! And if you want to complain about the cold, and you are in Austin, Tx, you might want to be careful who you complain to. For instance, if you are calling your friend up to tell her you are sending her something and the cold just happens to come up (Mostly cause you just can't comprehend how people live in this kind of cold) make sure she
A) doesn't live in New York City and B) isn't from Minnesota.
Not that she wasn't perfectly sympathetic and lovely, until she realized that it wasn't under zero degrees and there was no wind chill. She even asked me if we had coats here. (Of course we have coats here. Well, they are actually more like jackets.) The good thing about the cold is I've been home sewing all day. Yipee! There's always a silver lining! And the sun is out and it is above freezing! Double Yipee! (I know I sound whiny, but if it were a hundred degrees outside and I had a little patch of shade and a glass of iced tea, I wouldn't even break a sweat.) And because I adore my friend Victoria, I'm sending her all these little half-square triangles for her Kitchen sink quilt. (I'm also sending these cause I need them gone.) Now I think I'll go sew a little more.
Happy Quilting!


8 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Girl you crack me up! Good thing you've got quilts up the wazoo to keep you warm!! Believe me, I still hate the cold... Just because I'm from MN doesn't make any more bareable... I prefer 46 degrees and up so I can be on my Harley....When I'm not sewing my brains out!!
:-)
hugs!

Vicki said...

The quilt blocks are very cute!

As soon as it gets above freezing here, I'm going running! (Just kidding, the sidewalks will still be under a foot of snow.)

We are in the 2nd of a 3 day, under 10 degree cold snap. It will be 20 on Sunday and we can actually go somewhere. School was supposed to start back for my kids yesterday and it was canceled due to the weather!

Liz said...

I love those blocks Shelly. We are looking at over 40 celsius this weekend, you can come camp here if you like............
Have a good weekend.
Lizzie
XXX

Unknown said...

I am with you 100 degrees, a shade tree, ice tea, and no sweat! I am dreaming about it now.

Vivian said...

I have a quartet of violinists playing just for you...or they would be if it wasn't -38Celcius with a winchill up here in the Yukon!!! Right now they are cupped around mugs of hot chocolate.

When they warm up I promise they'll be playing full board for you.

LOL...btw, cute triangle pieces. I don't know what a kitchen sink quilt is but I think I like it.

Carla said...

I really like the fabrics you are using.
Ok I'll brag a little. It's been in the low 70's here. It's been so beautiful! But just wait till summer when it reaches 100 +.

Anonymous said...

lol

Seeing as I live in Ontario, Canada, and it's a balmy (for us) minus 11 today (it was minus 20 on Saturday, WITHOUT windchill), really, you can't be complaining about the cold.

Of course, last March, we went to S. Carolina to golf and were playing shorts and light jackets and the locals kept calling us "Crazy Canadians" because they thought it was "cold". Sixty-eight to seventy degrees? That's summer weather! :)

Rayna said...

NJ girl here. I don't know how the live in MN either. On the other hand, you can keep your 100 and sweet iced tea! My stepson got married In Dallas in july. I have also been in Houston in august. Bleh. LOL

Love those random blocks yr friend is lucky to be getting.