The mailman delivered Victoria's quilt yesterday so I can finally show the whole quilt without ruining the surprise. She sent me a bag of scraps and this is what I sent her back. I probably used too many of my own scraps in the construction but this quilt kept telling me it wanted to be green. So what could I do but make it green. When I went to quilt this little thing, I hadn't quilted anything in over a month and I was rusty. Imagine my surprise! Anyway, I have never quilted a quilt where I haven't ripped something out and this one wasn't any different. I hope she likes it. It sure was fun to do. So if you get a chance to sew with someone else's scraps, DO IT! You will be in for some surprises. Happy quilting!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Quilt received!
The mailman delivered Victoria's quilt yesterday so I can finally show the whole quilt without ruining the surprise. She sent me a bag of scraps and this is what I sent her back. I probably used too many of my own scraps in the construction but this quilt kept telling me it wanted to be green. So what could I do but make it green. When I went to quilt this little thing, I hadn't quilted anything in over a month and I was rusty. Imagine my surprise! Anyway, I have never quilted a quilt where I haven't ripped something out and this one wasn't any different. I hope she likes it. It sure was fun to do. So if you get a chance to sew with someone else's scraps, DO IT! You will be in for some surprises. Happy quilting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
It's beautiful. I'm sure she'll love it!
What a fun and happy quilt!
I love it! Shelly, your machine quilting blows me away every time I see it. I realize how much I have so learn, and most of it is patience.
it's a great lesson in thinking about how the quilting can enhance a quilt, other then just whipping out whatever you want.... I know there are some surprises in the quilt, I have not found them yet, but I forgot to look!
We heading down to Minneapolis for a couple days,, going to see Amanda jean of crazy mom quitls! ;-)
Victoria is a lucky lady. I love this quilt.
This quilt is AMAZING!! Great job!
Oh my gosh - you're the one who made this quilt?
I LOVE it!!!!! As I said on your friend's blog - it's inspiring!
Now I absolutely have to subscribe to your blog. :)
i have to second the fact that it's SO MUCH fun to sew with someone else's scraps! i had a chance to do that and it sure opens up all kinds of new color and fabric combinations. i love both quilts that you guys made.
What a fun swap. I love it when a quilt talks to you. Fantastic use of scraps.
Just cool! What a fun way to play!
Post a Comment