Friday, May 20, 2011

And So It Begins


And so it begins, or at least it continues.  I started this little tree block in New York when I went to visit Victoria.

Didn't it turn out cute?  It is based on this block from an antique quilt Victoria bought in Houston two years ago.

And yes I was with her when she bought it.  I have always LOVED this quilt. I thought about how to "accidentally" pack it in my bag to come home with me.  But truthfully, I love V more than I love this quilt and I can just make myself one.  So I am!!!


Have a great weekend and Happy Sewing!

7 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

Great colors. I'll look forward to seeing it grow!

Mary Keasler said...

What an honest friend! I can't say which one I may love the most. Looking forward to seeing your grand finale'

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I think she wanted to tackle me to the ground for it, but she was sweet as pie, and let me take it home... She can visit it anytime she wants!
right Shelly? ;-) Yours' just maybe more beautiful!

Lisa said...

Loving your bright version! Can't wait to see the progress. Keep going! ;)

Alexis said...

It is looking great! Love the inspiration piece too but I agree that your may just end up even better... at least cuz it will live with you ;-)

Andrea, the little collector said...

Oooh ooooh ooooh! Love where this one is going! :)

Bonnie said...

Your block is just so lively. Will love seeing it develop into a quilt. Bonnie