Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Confession



Okay, I've done it. I've cheated on my obsession. That's right, I've been making granny squares. After being inspired by Lucy at www.attic24.typepad.com I had to make some. Have you been to her blog? Girlfriend has a way with color that makes my skirt fly up! I have to say, once I got the hang of it, I can see the appeal of crocheting. It can be relaxing, plus you can do it at the pool while the kids are swimming. (And don't worry about that about those folks that are staring at you while you are crocheting at a pool. They don't think you are a FREAK at all. They wish they could do what you are doing.)
But don't think I have given up quilting.
No, no, never! I'm still plugging away at this quilt.




I'll have a bigger picture and more to say in a few days. For now, I can say, it is almost done! Hallaleuia!!!!!

Happy sewing!

8 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

GASP! You cheated on your quilts!

hehe. Yeah. you and me both...
Lucy's site is just sooo delish! I had to.... Love your granny squares...
so cheery!!!

Alexis said...

Very nice! You have me drooling... and running out to the garage to see what yarn I can dig out of my long neglected bin of knitting.

Unknown said...

Yes, I love Lucy's site! Full of color and inspiration. But sadly I don't crochet or knit. So I shall stick to quilting and only wish I could do what you are doing by the pool!

Terriaw said...

these granny squares are so you! I love this new-found craft you are trying out.

beth said...

I've been inspired over there at Lucy's too...but alas...I have not made a granny square yet!!

Toni said...

YOU GO GIRL! Remember quilting, crocheting, knitting are all "healthy obsessions" - love the girl of random facts! :-)

Wendy said...

I am LOVIN' this quilt!
Can't wait 'til you finish it.
=-)

Becky said...

Hey listen, Shells, every time I see a bit of this quilt, I think it has masterpiece written all over it. I can't wait to see the whole thing. It's a really special piece! And yes I love your crocheting, too. Will have to trek on over to Lucy's to see what everyone's talkin about.