Sunday, January 11, 2009

Getting going in the new year



I have been having trouble getting my routine back after the holidays. I also have been feeling guilty about not getting enough sewing done. Then I realized I have been busy doing "quilty" things, just not sewing. Last Tuesday I was the guest speaker at Chisholm Trail Quilt Guild. I took 30 quilts, starting with my first to my most recent and I spoke for about an hour about my journey into this obsession and passion of quilting. On Wednesday I taught a beginning machine quilting class to 14 students and had so much fun that I lost time. I did manage to get my children at school just in time. And the best part is I got paid to do something I would almost have paid them to let me do! (Notice I said almost.)
These are two of my "early" quilts. The green one is my first quilt made with poly batting and tied. Most of the ties came out of it the first time I washed it, but since I used the poly batting it didn't matter. My nine year old still sleeps with at the foot of his bed. In fact, when he went to the emergency room to get stitches he wanted me to go home and get his baby quilt (and his ds) for him, "to make him feel better." The blue and pink quilt with the ducks is my 3rd quilt and the first one I did my own pattern. It had been a while since I have seen it. (I borrowed it back from my girlfriend just for my program.) I forgotten how sweet it turned out.
Fortunately, I got some good sewing time in yesterday and if I can get a little more this morning, I'll have more pictures very soon. Gotta go piece!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Hey I made that I Spy quilt, too! I don't think I ever took a picture of it though. Yours looks great.