Tuesday, November 11, 2008

more logcabins



I did the most wonderful thing today. I went and talked about making quilts with my daughters first grade class. I showed them a few quilts and then they asked some questions and then the teacher had the kids draw a quilt that they would like to make. It was fabulous!!
I also got some sewing done today. I worked on my favorite kind of quilt. No, not a logcabin (although I do love a logcabin quilt), a commission quilt. What's not to like about getting paid to do something you love to do! I got these Cherrywood fabrics in Houston and have been making logcabin blocks. I am hoping to have the blocks finished and a border on by Friday. I am keeping my fingers metaphorically crossed (because it is real hard to sew your brains out with your fingers really crossed.)

No comments: